Before taking your chance on me, these are ten things you should know about me:
1. I love words more than I will probably ever love you. I’d pick communication over commitment, what’s the point of commitment if there’s no dialogue. I believe words unveil true persona over time.
2. I value family. I’m a lot like my mom in a lot of ways which frightens me sometimes. I laugh when I should be serious, I laugh too much.
3. My typical evening is sitting in bed with a bowl of fruit salad watching a documentary about ancient civilisations, aliens or crime. I don’t like chocolate or ice cream very much. I honestly think flowers are cute but I’d rather a bag of apples. I hate eating swallow, it makes me feel funny. I thinking cooking is a human responsibility. I’m a foodie.
4. I’m protective of my space, I love aloofly. I don’t think calls or texts after 10 pm is appropriate. I’m not sure how calling often equates more affection but I’d gladly take one call per day except it’s an emergency. I’d love you as an important part of my world but never the center. I expect you should have a life of your own. We would be two peas in a pod, yet two peas first.
5. I take my spiritual life extremely serious, I’m very intuned to my inner voice and I live by codes. I think weed can be healthy and I drink spirits. I love music and I dance when i’m a tipsy. I plan to travel the world and jump off a plane as many times as possible.
6. I’d often show up barefaced in an afro. I don’t mind what you choose to call me but you’d really be my best friend first. Get ready to hear all my crazy adventures and my silliest hypothesis about how things work. I love talking about books, world politics, economics and technology. I tend to be moody for no reason sometimes, but a hug usually fixes it.
7. I speak fluent sarcasm, but I swear I can be charming. I don’t like the movie Titanic and quite frankly if that’s what true love means, I’d rather not try. I love Totally Spies, my favourite movie is Me before you.The day I tell you I love you; marry me or run away, either way, you’re hooked
8. I’ll fight for you with everything I have. I’ll fight for our dreams and aspirations. I’ll kick your butt if i have to and stand by you in the process of becoming all that we can become. I’ll be your muse but never your mother. However, if you go running into another lady’s arm, bruh! I ain’t no Jackie Chan.
9. I love being pampered, affection shuts me up. My love language is quality time and touch. I’d touch you a lot, I show affection by feeling. Most of my ideologies float between feminism and cave-womanism; I’m partly feminist and oldfashioned.
10. I’m diligent about constant continuous growth in all aspects of life. I’m very dynamic and I don’t like indifference. I’m very sentimental and concerned about suffering, hungry kids. I believe I was born to help curb the rate of hunger amongst kids.
10. I love fast cars, I rarely buy new shoes and I think iPhones are overrated. I’m intrigued by paintings, sunsets, beaches, and water. I’ll pick long walks over fancy restaurants. My idea of a perfect Valentine is us desecrating every part of our home with naughty nudity unless it’s Paris.
10. I ‘d take you only the way you are, with your imperfections and scars. I have tons of mine too. To me, dating isn’t all about hangouts and text messages. I’m usually all in, full time. And, just because we are dating, doesn’t mean I dream of long veils just yet but it’s the first step. I don’t play games.